« Home | Unbridled » | Who said animals don't have spirits? » | What we are or what we aren't? » | Starbucks » | Where's the line? » | Giving people something to talk about » | Bye bye mac » | I wonder... » | Jesus focus is new? » | AudioCast » 

Thursday, September 28, 2006 

Sometimes you just wanna freak out

I have to remind myself daily that this is God's church and dream, not mine. If it was mine, I'd be screwed. I think I have to go to the bank tomorrow to raise my line of credit so I can pay off my visa and possibly put the remainder of the sound system on it! Haha...it's almost comical (kindof). Sometimes I wanna freak out but at the same time I'm at complete peace because I know that God has us right where he wants us.

Bek made a wise observation today. We haven't been able to find a basement suite in Mission since our first suite fell through. We know that the first one will be available in the New Year but we are getting kind of anxious. Anyways, she said that maybe all of these were falling through because God knew that we would need the money we would have spent on our new rent for the crazy times of planting this church.

Maybe we did things a little backwards, maybe not. It's too late now and we are full steam ahead. We are doing exactly what we feel God leading us to do, as insane as it might be. A friend told me the other day that most church plants start with 10 people in a living room. The fact that we started with 65 in a theatre is backwards. People are getting excited. The launch team is amped. The buzz is picking up around Mission. Our goal is to have 100 committed people by our launch date on January 14 but our dream would be to see 300 people crammed into the largest theatre.

There is absolutely no way I'm going to let a little bit of money deficit get me discouraged and thinking that we aren't going to make it. This is just the beginning of what God is going to do through us. I really think that in the very near future we are going to be really blessed financially so that we can make a massive mark on this community that leaves them asking questions about God.

Matt. 6:25-34. That's my mantra these days.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.