« Home | Advertising the church? » | God can use awkward » | Oh baby » | Brain fart » | Into the deep end » | Coming back » | New Website! » | And so it begins... » | Long time coming » | A disconnected lens » 

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 

Who is the church for?

I love it when people say that they are looking for a church that "meets their needs." These people will usually be gone in a few months because something doesn't go their way, or stops meeting their needs. Yes I know...now you're furious. "The church is for me!" "It's for my encouragement and my edification!" "It's all about me!"

Wait a minute! When did the church become what happens on Sunday morning? We are the church! What we do on Sunday is a part of what we do, but it doesn't define who we are.

So as far as I'm concerned, if someone sees themselves as the church, what happens on Sundays will be inconsequential. If something bothers them, they will be a part of the solution instead of part of the problem. They will let their actions speak instead of opening their mouths in protest.

So this week...let's be the church. Stop waiting for Sunday to experience God and play an active part in bringing God's kingdom to earth now.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.