« Home | Down in the history books » | Church...rethunk » | Sunday Re:Wind<<< » | Messy grace » | Leaders on roids » | Fast Forward>>>> » | I love TXC! » | The "I need to be fed" syndrome » | The least of these » | Sunday Re:Wind<< » 

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 

Removing human induced barriers

We got an email yesterday from a couple that's been a part of the church since one of our preview gatherings. She says this:

"...my parents really enjoyed Sunday. I love bringing people there, I know they won't be disappointed. I'm so happy to be a part of this church..."

Hearing that amps me! One of our goals from the beginning has been to give people the confidence to invite their friends, neighbors, co-workers and whoever they wanted because they know that the people the bring won't be disappointed. Sure, they may get offended by the truth of the gospel, but they won't be getting offended by how bad the music or preaching is. They won't be getting offended that someone looked at them funny cause they aren't dressed up. They won't be getting offended by someone who scolds them for bringing their coffee into the gathering. Heck, bring your popcorn!

Of course, we don't guarantee that you won't be offended. We're human and we do and say stupid things sometimes. But our ultimate goal is to remove "The Cringe Factor" so that the only thing that has the chance to offend is the gospel.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.