« Home | Living out the vision » | The Big Idea » | lead team » | Super woman » | Sunday » | The naked truth » | 13 ways to maintain a healthy level of insanity » | On fire » | Looking for another pond » | What is deep? » 

Friday, February 23, 2007 

God in surround sound

Whenever Riley wants to watch cars, we usually ship him off to his room where he's a got a little 13" tv to watch his movies on (It'll be coming out as soon as we get a house with a play room). We do this primarily because we are sick of watching his movies. Well today I'm on daddy duty and decided to let him watch it on "the big tv" (a whopping 27"!). To him...it's huge. We also have a cheap surround sound system that does the trick in a small room and to him...it's just incredible! He's sitting on the couch says "Cars driving behind me!" It's just priceless and awesome at the same time to see him discover something that just blows his mind. His eyes are glued to the tv when usually he's walking around playing with the movie providing ambient playtime noise.

What struck me about this is how often I take just the regular everyday things for granted like surround sound and food and my house and van (albeit a mini van that is starting to fall apart) and a beautiful wife that makes me look good cause she looks so good and two kids that are perfect (most of the time) and an awesome church to pastor and...God.

Now I'm not saying that God is "regular". But he is regularly doing things in my life and so often I just overlook them because I'm used to them. It took my son to experience surround sound for me to remember that just because I'm "used" to God providing for me that I shouldn't stop being completely amazed by Him and what he's doing in my life. That I shouldn't stop searching for God in the everyday things that I'm a part of.

Today I'm making the choice to let all of who I am encounter all of who I know God to be. I'm making the choice to let my reality be invaded by God from angles I normally wouldn't let happen. I'm choosing to see/hear God in the chaos and in the beauty. Today I'm choosing to experience God in surround.

hey Dannoh,
check out balsphemychallenge.com

this is what we are really dealing with

thanks, bear

that should have read

blasphemychallenge.com

It could be possible that I'm missing something cause I'm not seeing how that site relates to my post

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.