« Home | My "amazing message"...hijacked » | Don't pet the squirrel! » | Discipleship or Evangelistic... » | eeny meeny miny.......we pick YOU! » | Selling out? » | Hating the culture we're trying to reach » | Getting some action » | Religious dress code » | A caffeinated gospel » | God will answer...someday » 

Sunday, September 30, 2007 

Anything but ordinary

The other day I said I would post some of the comments we've been getting. These are meant to be more of an encouragement to the people of TXC than anyone else. God really is doing something unique and fresh through TXC. I can't really put my finger on it (obviously "it" is God) because a lot of the time it feels like we're doing the same old thing and nothing out of the ordinary.

These letters are just a snippet of what God is doing and it's anything but ordinary...1 from someone that was not raised as a Christian, the other from someone who's been in church for 20+ years.

(I've removed names but kept everything else as is...)




#1 --

“I came to church with some friends a while ago, and I've been coming back for I guess It's been three weeks now, and, Honestly I've been enjoying it a lot, I feel welcome, and I think that you connect well with everyone, and there's a lot of unity within the church That Is awesome! I always grew up with religion in my home, I've always known a lot about the bible, and my mom would have us study the bible on a regular basis. The problem is that I'd always been taught the bible within a religion that I personally don't feel is right for me. Anyways I feel much better coming to TXC and I love it, and It really is welcoming, I've even invited and spoken about it with my sister, and some friends of mine, THAT'S how comfortable I feel. That's how much I've been enjoying it.

So because I will be there on Sunday... and I plan to come more, and I'm setting very Christian goals for myself weekly, (just things that I've let slip the last year or so that I have been lost and confused in the world), And Because I'm choosing to re-discover Jesus, Hopefully with your help and Through the help of TXC. Thank you.”

She goes on to say in another email…

“I feel like I'm being served a kid's meal, when I'm like a 300 pounds and hungry for more. It's funny how much more i want to know, ive really never felt so moved.”





I love that...a 300lb kid. On to #2...








#2 --

“A Few weeks ago, I decided with my Husband to go and visit your church. I have to admit I was a little sceptical of the whole thing, after all - can God show up in a movie theatre?

I was amazed and excited to have the experience of enjoying Pastor Dan as he spoke on Jonah and the Whale. Wow I loved the idea of a real boat in the service. The message was alive, and it challenged me , motivated me, and I have not forgotten those words - SWALLOWED BY GRACE - what a powerful sermon and to think I still remember it 3 weeks later.

As I sat during the worship time (which consisted of one drummer, a base guitarist and one lead singer with a guitar) I was amazed that the presence of the Holy Spirit was their, in a theatre - wow! it seemed a little weird, As you can imagine, I am use to a church building, pews and all, but this was a totally out of the box experience.

I want to thank all of you who have worked so hard to get this ministry up and running, I am sure that God is thrilled with you all, keep at it, this is the place and God is so with you.

Hey and the added bonus, Thanks for the Cinema Ticket. Blessings to you All"



This is what it all about! It really does blow my mind that, in light of who we are, God is rocking people's worlds.


And the stories continue...

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.