« Home | A caffeinated gospel » | God will answer...someday » | Caught in the crosscurrent...together » | It's not our mission » | A few interesting leadership insights » | How to catch a shark » | My Early Muir Owl » | Will it be worth it? » | Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated? » | A dream for fools » 

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 

Religious dress code

"I could literally go on and on…people–it DOES NOT FLIPPIN’ matter what is worn to church…as long as you are there!!! I Samuel 16:7 says that God is looking at the heart…and I honestly believe there are some very well dressed people in churches all over America who are on their way to hell because they are so caught up in looking good and playing the part that they have never trusted Christ with their salvation!!!

It’s time that
Christians people that go to church STOPPED this crap! Dressing up does not make you godly…for many it simply means they are good looking hypocrites!!! The REAL question is how is your heart…are you and I doing what Jesus outlined in Matthew 22:36-40? THAT matters!!! (Once again please note they asked Jesus about what was most important…and He never mentioned a dress code!)"


Read the rest of the post here

For what it's worth I was pretty intent on letting people know that it's okay to wear whatever they want to church in the beginning of TXC. I came out of the "If you don't dress right, you don't love Jesus" tradition and it honestly grated on me. So I would rant about that. I totally agree with Perry on this issue and yet, I have no reason to even talk about this because it's an unspoken rule at TXC that it's okay to come however you want (just try to cover up the parts that need to be covered:). We've got people that wear suits and people that wear t-shirts and shorts. I love the fact that it's not a "high end" fashion show each week.

It's a breath of fresh air. We can focus on becoming like Jesus and not worry that we're being judged because we don't dress a certain way. And for the record, I don't own a suit. Actually I do but I'm too fat to fit into it so I'm considering having a burning ceremony sometime soon!


Good post.

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.