« Home | A few interesting leadership insights » | How to catch a shark » | My Early Muir Owl » | Will it be worth it? » | Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated? » | A dream for fools » | There is something in the air... » | Who's up for a beat down? » | Confronted by my own judgmental heart » | Mr. Invincible? » 

Thursday, September 20, 2007 

It's not our mission

"God's church falters from exhaustion because Christians erroneously think that God has given them a mission to perform in the world. Rather, the God of mission has given His church to the world. It is not the church of God that has a mission in the world, but the God of mission who has a church in the world. The church's involvement in mission is its priviledged participation in the actions of the triune God." - Tim Dearborn



It's very easy to get this confused and I think it happens to me all the time. I constantly have to be on guard because this can easily lead to arrogance. God's mission can easily turn into "our" mission. We can easily get a complex and think that we are the ones that are doing the saving. The reality is that God is already at work, bringing people closer to Himself...we just get the privilege to be invited along for the ride.

So, today I choose to be grateful to God for inviting me.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.