« Home | What are you looking for? » | What's going on? » | A risk worth taking » | boats, sweat and the mission » | Don't get to comfortable in those skivvies! » | Equilibrium...at last! » | The joys of meeting in a movie theatre » | Character matters » | That's in the Bible? » | We are looking for some gear! » 

Monday, September 10, 2007 

Mr. Invincible?

I was having a conversation with Dave the other day and we were talking about affairs. Now before you jump to any conclusion we were NOT reminiscing about previous affairs we've had! We were discussing how easy it is to think that you are invincible when it comes to affairs and divorce. I honestly can't imagine my life without Bek or my kids. I can't imagine what it would do to our kids. I NEVER want that to happen EVER!

But I have to face a reality: I'm not invincible. I may think it could never happen to me - if I did...I would be a fool. As we've all seen, it can happen to everyone - even the most respected Christian leaders of our time!

But hoping and praying that it doesn't happen to me isn't good enough. That's right...praying about it isn't good enough. I have to take drastic measures that will help to ensure that I stay away from that fire. Part of that is not finding myself alone with other women. This is a very difficult thing to do some times and logistics can be hard to work out - especially when you have women on your staff. But, in all honesty, I don't care how hard it is or what the perception of me is. I may be viewed as a sexist pig- so be it! My marriage is far to important to me than what other women think of me. I belong to my wife and I will do whatever it takes to make sure it stays that way till the day I die!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.