« Home | Telling a lie with mediocre » | Anything but ordinary » | My "amazing message"...hijacked » | Don't pet the squirrel! » | Discipleship or Evangelistic... » | eeny meeny miny.......we pick YOU! » | Selling out? » | Hating the culture we're trying to reach » | Getting some action » | Religious dress code » 

Monday, October 01, 2007 

Why a theatre?

I couldn't have said it better myself!

"I get to talk to a lot of future church planters and most would prefer to meet in a school to a movie theater. And I’ve heard some planters who meet in a theater but wish they could meet in a school. Let me just say this: That’s crazy. Our church has spent years in a theater and years in a school. And if you’re trying to reach lost people a theater is a better option hands down. Why? Because lost people hang out in movie theaters, they like theaters, they go to theaters. If you meet in one, you are going to them, meeting on their territory. That’s a very good thing. On the other hand, who graduates from High School and thinks, “I hope somehow I get a chance to go back. I just loved going to school so much, I can’t imagine not getting to hang out in a school building again”?"

Read the rest here

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.