« Home | Post Sunday passout thoughts... » | De-progamming old habits » | Just one more... » | Get in the wheelbarrow! » | The well is dry » | Moving along » | One lucky guy » | POISON » | Bigger or better » | Untouched » 

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 

Blog Quote of the Week

"A focus on self-preservation is the greatest limitation on the momentum of a movement."Steven Furtick.

Well, I've never been one to come up with amazing one liners that make everyone's jaw drop...but obviously this guy is!

As a disciple,husband,father and pastor, I never want to get caught in the place of self preservation.  The place where I'm just trying to survive.  I'm not growing.  I'm not risking.  I'm not investing in the future.  I'm not even looking into the future...just the here and now.  I don't want to go there.

As a church, I never want us to go there either.  The place where we just try and preserve what we've got.  Where we don't take "tipping point" risks...the ones where if we fail, we may look like complete losers and possibly feel the burn...but if we succeed, life will never be the same. Where we are just trying to keep the Christians happy so they don't leave.


I could go on and on.  It's good to make sure you don't die...don't get me wrong.  But trying to not die by sitting there, doing nothing?  Sounds like death is just around the corner...

Blogged with Flock

Great quote!

I also think it's important to not focus on ourselves so much. Let's Focus on our Creator and others and let Him lead. (which I know you do!).

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.