« Home | I'm not God! » | Narrow minded? » | Funny thing » | Who is the church for? » | Advertising the church? » | God can use awkward » | Oh baby » | Brain fart » | Into the deep end » | Coming back » 

Saturday, January 27, 2007 

Starting to get blurry

When we were having our monthy sneak previews time was going really slowly. We had time to plan and let the theme marinate in us for quite a while. Now...there is no time. It's just blurry it seems. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just different. Tomorrow is already Sunday and it feels like we just met yesterday but I'm still stoked.

We had coffee with a couple from our church last night and the way things are taking off is ca-razay! I've honestly never been a part of a church where people are inviting their friends that don't know Jesus without hestitation. And then in turn, those friends invite friends that don't know Jesus who invite their husbands, who invite their friends. I mean, I really don't have a clue what's going on because we aren't standing up there begging people to invite their friends. The only thing I know is that from the beginning we wanted our Sunday gatherings to give people confidence to invite their friends without us even having to mention it. We want people to walk away being challenged and changed and have their friends notice and want the same thing.

I think it's happening already (which, to be honest, we really didn't expect). I don't wanna get the cart before the horse but I'm still excited. We'll see what's gonna happen tomorrow.

On another note, I had a "chat" with Donovan Price (who shared his faith story on Sunday) and we are beginning to walk down the road of bringing him onto our leadership team (which is all volunteer right now). Right now it's looking like he will be overseeing UnderCurrents, possibly starting a youth undercurrent network and as well being a part of teaching team. I'm stoked about that because he is high quality. Got has done some crazy things in his life in the recent past and he's got a whole wack load of life experience that gives him an edge when reaching out to people who have had similar experiences. The way our team is shaping up is absolutely incredible and I can't wait to see what happens in the near future...

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.