« Home | Brain dump » | Who's doing what? » | Re:wind<< » | Starting to get blurry » | I'm not God! » | Narrow minded? » | Funny thing » | Who is the church for? » | Advertising the church? » | God can use awkward » 

Monday, February 05, 2007 

Awe

I gotta be honest, it's been very tough for our family in the financial department as we've planted TXC. I was prepared to go to the wall to see this dream take off and that's what we did. As I kept putting necessary things that we needed for the church on credit card after credit card, I had hope that we would get paid back once the church was off it's feet. I know it's not the best way to plant a church (on credit) but I felt so strongly that this was God's dream that I didn't even think twice. It had to be done.

But last week I kind of hit a wall. All of our credit cards/lines of credit had run out. This was a challenge for us personally as well because the interest payments were taking up any spare change we had for ourselves to live. It was just starting to turn into a gong show and I started to crack. I had no idea where we were going to pay for this debt. I know that we had already paid off a 25k sound system in a matter of months but it seemed like we had used up all of our available options. Then yesterday rolled around.

At the beginning of the gathering one of the ladies that has been with us from the beginning came up to me and said that "one of her friends" was going to give us some money. To be honest, I didn't get my hopes up. I mean, I was hoping alright but I just tried to stay cool cause who knows what would happen. What I didn't know was that her husband was going to come up to me after the gathering and give me a huge cheque from the company that his co-owns! They tithe off of their profits and he said that God has been extremely good to them this year and that this is just where the money needed to go. When I opened the envelope my jaw hit the floor! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I had to look a few times just to be sure I wasn't fooling myself. After a few looks, I realized that it was real.

So what this does is almost completely wipe out any existing debt that had accumulated since September and gives a completely fresh slate. The beautiful thing is that the debt from September was all necessary things to get us off the ground. Now that we have all of this stuff we don't have to spend too much more. Now it's all just dreaming for the future and not worrying about the past.

It's funny and brutal at the same time how just when I was starting to lose hope and really had no options, God comes through. It just floors me everytime. This truly is God's dream and that is proven over and over as I don't have the ability to pull off most of what happens. We are attempting something that is impossible for us to achieve and I've been reminded once again that it's the impossible that is an invitation for God to, once again, show who's really in control.

That is awesome. I know you are on the right path. Living a life focused on others and making that a part of the ground work for the ministry is a win win. Of course not at all easy, but a win non the less. Love you guys and will be with you it spirit.

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.