« Home | Change of plans » | Sunday Re:Wind<< » | Should women be senior pastors? » | Amazing Grace » | Moving forward » | beLIEve! » | Shut your face! » | Speaking in tongues goes national » | Removing human induced barriers » | Down in the history books » 

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 

mind dump

Wow! This week has been just a whirlwind of craziness in my head. Last week was one of those weeks where you feel like you're in quicksand and can't get out. This week feels like I'm Flash Gordon (wow...dating myself here...) as I've been having idea after idea crash into my feeble little mind. I'm glad that I made it a habit early on to write down every single thing I get coming to me, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. I'm going to be bringing some of them to our leadership team on Monday so we'll see which ones survive and which ones crash and burn. Here's a sneak peek at a few of them:

  • A funny (possibly lame) idea for a welcome pack (more like a TXC survival kit) for guests
  • An idea to make our church a little more open source to the public where they can give us their opinion of what we're doing. Possibly give us some insight of how we can reach them more effectively. Maybe they can give us some ideas we can use, giving them some ownership
  • A message series involving multiple 8' high dominos
There's more but I can't seem to get them out right now. I love these season's where you feel like the sky's the limit. Sometimes it's almost impossible to just get one creative idea generated.

Easter is in a week and a half. I'm stoked. It'll be interesting to see how many guests show up. It's gonna be hard to compete with how many showed up this Sunday. This week we go back to having a two piece band but on Easter we'll be back to 4. The interesting thing is that, even with just a guitar and drums, the guys can pull it off. It's also our first ever EASTER EGG HUNT in SilverCity (possibly SilverCity's first ever easter egg hunt but to avoid getting sued, we won't advertise that!) That will be happening in Upstream while the adults are in the gathering. Everything will start at 9:30am with a continental breakfast so come early.

Okay...that's all for now. You haven't seen my thoughts for a few days so here it is...all wrapped up into one!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.