« Home | Sunday Re:Wind<<< » | Choosing to lose? » | Taking a Sabbatical... » | Sunday Re:Wind<<< » | Sunday Re:Wind<<< » | Road block » | mind dump » | Change of plans » | Sunday Re:Wind<< » | Should women be senior pastors? » 

Monday, April 16, 2007 

The sweet spot

Today I had a chat with my friend who replaced me at my sending church and I was reminded that church planting is my sweet spot. Throughout my whole time as a youth pastor I never felt like I was totally lined up with how I was wired as a person. I can't really pin point it but I just know that church planting is awesome! I don't have it all figured out in the least. A lot of the time I feel sick to my stomach because I don't know what's going to happen next (which is a good thing!). I'm not totally sure how to lead a church the way I'm supposed to (maybe that's a good thing too!) I feel like I've grown so much in the last year as we've planted TXC. I feel Bek and I have grown so much because we've had to have a whole new level of faith when it comes to the finances of our family and what our future will look like. I've had to learn to listen to the voice of God and take risks, even when it looks like the outcome could be less than perfect to me.

I just feel like I'm in the exact place I need to be right now. The future is uncertain but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.