« Home | Seeing double » | Success! » | Syncronization » | Geeked up! » | What a day » | It's over » | It's worth it » | New life » | The art of being » | Thank you » 

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 

The Bibles comes to life!

I was just looking on my bookshelf and saw my message re:mix Bible sitting there. I've never really read the message as I would an other translation. Not sure why - maybe because when it first came out everyone was freaking out that it wasn't "accurate". I understand it's not a literal translation and shouldn't be used for studying so I have generally used it as a parallel source to get a different vibe for passages.

However, I picked it up just a few minutes ago and read Genesis 1 and 2...and it was incredible! I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to just read a full chapter but Peterson takes this chapter and makes it explode off the page. In the past I've read this as kind of a history lesson. But this time I saw God as an artist, standing there with a canvas in front of him...maybe a goofy Italian hat (don't know where this came from...is God Italian?), full of passion and creating a work of art that only He can create. The use of highly descriptive language and exclamation points made it just jump off the page!

So I think I may have stumbled onto another tool that is going to help me stay passionate in my faith. Check it out and see what you think. For those who have a hard time paying attention while reading the Bible, this may be a secret you need to stumble onto as well.

Wow, thanks for the great idea!

I too, have the remix Message up on a shelf, totally forgotten.
I will definitely pull this out and put it on my nightstand so I can read through it.

Thanks for the reminder!

Jilly

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.