« Home | The art of being » | Thank you » | Wired! » | Why? » | The adventure is almost over » | Summer's coming... » | Mr. Mom » | Don't blink! » | The crazy ones » | The creative team » 

Thursday, June 21, 2007 

New life

I read this this morning...

"People are ready to hear about new life when we start acting like new life is flowing through us."


After reading it I was really convicted...again. I'm not sure people would see new life today.

Have you ever felt like you just want to live your life the way that you want to live it? A life where no one else matters and I can just do what I want - where I can live in my reality and if others want to be in it great...if not...even better!

Sounds like "new life" hey? Paul talks about the war that goes on within. He calls it the war between flesh and spirit. I've been made new...I have new life. It's just that there is this nagging little (sometimes it feels HUGE!) side of me that still exists...it's in the background taunting...reminding...condemning. You just want to strangle the very life out of it but it seems to be impossible to get your hands on. Just when you think you've got it...something else is brought up. And you just want to SCREAM!

Living in that new life takes work. I would love for it to be one of those things that makes you "feel" good everyday - where you don't have to try...it just happens. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Some days are better than others but most times it just takes good 'ol elbow grease. We can't earn this new life...but we have to be on guard so that our "flesh" doesn't creep in and steal it away. This makes me tired. Today I feel tired.

And yet...deep down inside...I feel this intense cry for that new life...for Jesus. To come and touch the driest parts of everything I am.

Breath that life into me.

Infuse me with Your joy.

New Life...it's coming.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.