« Home | It's over » | It's worth it » | New life » | The art of being » | Thank you » | Wired! » | Why? » | The adventure is almost over » | Summer's coming... » | Mr. Mom » 

Sunday, June 24, 2007 

What a day

Man, today was good. There was just a good vibe in our Sunday Gathering today. People seemed excited to be there. Regulars were meeting guests. I saw more new faces being trained in different volunteer roles. The band was smokin'. It was just good to get the privilege to hang out with so many awesome people all under the same roof...And I'm not just saying that. We have such a diverse group of people that are connected in with our faith community and it makes for an amazing gathering once a week. What's more excited is that more and more people are beginning to understand what we are about. They understand that, even though we want to have a good time on Sundays, Sunday's are really about every other day of the week. They re-focus us on our mission of reconnecting people to Jesus. Inviting friends to our gathering is only a part of that mission. The bigger part is what happens with those friends during the rest of the week. We're seeing the shift take place.

Going into summer I'm excited! I'm excited to see new friendships formed. I'm excited to see more lives changed. I'm excited to see more people take more steps towards Jesus.

The thing about today is that it's not over! Now I'm headed out to a volunteer BBQ where I, once again, get to hang out with the raddest group of people ever. This group comprises almost 50% of our church right now. Insane. And the best part is that one of those volunteers donated steak!

I'm in!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.