« Home | Blog Quote of the Week » | Post Sunday passout thoughts... » | De-progamming old habits » | Just one more... » | Get in the wheelbarrow! » | The well is dry » | Moving along » | One lucky guy » | POISON » | Bigger or better » 

Friday, November 09, 2007 

Living the dream?

This week I went out for coffee with one of my mentors who has known me since I was in diapers. He is now on staff at one of Bible Colleges in town but previously was in Ministry for 20+ years. About half of those years were as a Senior Pastor.

We were talking about TXC and how things seem to be progressing at a rate that sometimes freaks me right out. He then said something that I thought was peculiar. He was talking to someone else and mentioned to them that I'm "living every church planter's dream". While I got what he was saying, I certainly don't feel like we've even come close to what God has in store for TXC. However, I don't want to discredit what God has done in our short history. He has definitely shown us favor, especially with those who don't go to church.

So in light of this, throughout next week I am going to attempt to flesh out what I believe are the elements of TXC that have enabled us to get to where we are today as a 10 month old church.

I was thinking the other day that I want to attempt to make blogging more of a regular practice in my life. Not so that people will read my blog (I know the 3 of you that read it will keep reading it :) but so that I can start to get out of me some of the things inside. I feel like I've been just harping on the same things lately and have wanted to start systematically blogging. So this will be my first attempt. I'm going to try and think of 5 things that I believe have been vital to keep TXC moving forward. Again, this is more for me than anyone else but if you're interested, it'll be here for you to read as well!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.