« Home | Small groups » | Getting naked » | Two down » | It's Official! We're moving » | Pray like the dickens » | Random Thoughts » | Funny Stuff » | Oh my... » | Standards » | Chasing lions » 

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 

As the years go by I'm slowly starting to see who I am and who I'm not. There are so many people that say focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses. However, what happens when one of your weaknesses should be a strength?

One of my good friends, eddie def, challenged me a while back asking me what my top 5 strengths were. His conclusion was that I'm a 1,2......10 type of leader. I see the first few steps in front of me and then I see the larger picture of where we are going. But it's hard for me to see the process of how to get there. I wasn't totally sure if that was accurate but as time goes on, I think it is. It is so easy for me to see what TXC can become in the future. I can paint the picture in front in people and spurr them to action. Then they come to me saying "So what should I do" and I say "Ask someone else". It's quite brutal sometimes.

Internal Communication is one of those things that I seriously need to work on. I think I'm on the road to being able to communicate to a large gathering effectively. It's the small group stuff that gets me, even to the degree of my leadership team. Because I can so easily see the big picture I forget that I have to communicate the steps along the way (if I can figure out what they are!) Sometimes I just think that people should be able to figure everything out on their own and that has proven to be a wrong assumption and probably a really naive one at that. It's been difficult with us having monthly gatherings because meeting weekly as a leadership team get tough when there isn't a whole lot to discuss. A possible solution would just be to continue meeting weekly anyways just to be sure that everything was being communicated properly.

Anyways, this is me unloading my thoughts of the morning. If you have something that works super well for you, I'd love to hear it!

I love that eddie def guy - nothing but deep wisdom coming out of his mouth. I'd hate to see what is residing in the small dark cornors of his brain...! Wow.

I had the 1,2,10 conversation with myself just yesterday!

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.