« Home | Random Thoughts » | Funny Stuff » | Oh my... » | Standards » | Chasing lions » | I'm not the only one » | A little bit choked » | For what it's worth » | Funny night » | Control freaks » 

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 

Pray like the dickens

Probably one of the biggest things I want to avoid through the week leading up to each of our gatherings is getting sick. Since we are only meeting 1/month until January, we have one shot to give people a taste of who we are. So I've been overdosing on Zinc and Vitamin C the last few days. Seeing my throat is my instrument I think I should try and protect it.

I was just on my way over to Dave's (our lead worshipper) to drop off our thumb drive with some of the media for Sunday when I ran into him at the end of my street. Well, I didn't really run into him, he was just walking across the crosswalk as I pulled up. Turns out his throat is shot and couldn't even sing at practice last night.

So two things you can pray for: Health and that those who are sick would recover quickly. The second thing is faith. I'm not sure what it is but the week leading up to our gatherings there is just an onslaught of emotions that come our way. Some days we wake up stoked about what is going to happen. Others there is tremendous doubt and fear. Just pray that we would have faith to believe for the impossible. You can also be praying that those who are far from God and decide to come to TXC on Sunday would take a step closer to Him.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.