« Home | Oh my... » | Standards » | Chasing lions » | I'm not the only one » | A little bit choked » | For what it's worth » | Funny night » | Control freaks » | I am one lucky man » | Sometimes you just wanna freak out » 

Thursday, October 05, 2006 

Funny Stuff

I've been following Granger Community Church for a while now, just seeing what they do and how they do it. They've given me a lot of inspiration with respect to their use of video and "marketplace" songs. With us just planting TXC, we can use all the help we can get, even if those doing the helping don't even know it.

Anyways, today I was reading Tim Stevens' blog who is the executive pastor at GCC and didn't notice anything to abnormal. Then later on I was looking at the stats on my blog and noticed an unusual amount of people from Granger looking at my blog. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why this was until something clicked and I remember seeing something about Kem Meyer being compared to Seth Godin on Tim's blog. So I went, checked it out and the missing link was found as I'm sure the crew at GCC found it quite humorous that I made that comparison and commented on it. The funny thing is I still can't remember who made the word of mouth statement. For all I know, it could have been someone completely different. Whoever said it has got it engrained in my head and has just reinforced what I already thought about church marketing.

So thanks again Kem, Seth and the other mystery blogger that remains unknown. I hope to bring some more comic relief in the coming days!

To the 3 beloved readers of this blog, we'll chat again on Tuesday!

Labels:

Two things:
1. Seeing as we most likely will not be talking on Tuesday then it follows that I am not one of your beloved! What the heck?!

2. I didn't know Quartez had internet! Have fun at Homewood.

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.