« Home | bragfest » | As the years go by I'm slowly starting to see who ... » | Small groups » | Getting naked » | Two down » | It's Official! We're moving » | Pray like the dickens » | Random Thoughts » | Funny Stuff » | Oh my... » 

Thursday, October 19, 2006 

Life is good. By no means is it comfortable right now but it sure is good. There is no better way to live life than to live it with God in control. It's definitely easier to say this when I'm not right in the middle of a situation that requires me to relinquish control but after I've done it, I have the hindsight to be able to see that I made the right choice.

When we started this church, just meeting as a launch team, Bek and I made the choice that we were going to tithe out of obedience and generosity instead of obligation on our gross income (before any of our taxes came off) For us, it was an issue of control. Did we really trust God to take care of us? We made the choice that we would tithe substantially more than we have in the past because, more than anything, we want God to have our hearts and that's what tithing is all about. It's not always easy when I've got these massive bills to pay off or I've got something I want to buy. But I have to believe that God is who he says he is and that he'll do what he says he'll do...take care of me.

I think tithing has more to do with us than it does with God. It changes us more than it makes God happy with us. If we can get to the point of admitting that God is bigger than us and can take better care of us than we can, that's when we begin to live life as it was meant to be lived.

So where are you at? What is your attitude about tithing? Does God really have your heart? Take a chance this week. Put yourself on the line and release the control of you life. You want an adventure? It starts here.

Are you in?

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.