« Home | Day of Being » | Life is good. By no means is it comfortable right... » | bragfest » | As the years go by I'm slowly starting to see who ... » | Small groups » | Getting naked » | Two down » | It's Official! We're moving » | Pray like the dickens » | Random Thoughts » 

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 

Waiting in anticipation for change.

Today is one of those days where I wish we could start meeting weely earlier than January. It's been super good meeting once a month in that we've had a lot of time to figure out what needs work and what's working. It's hard to build any momentum though.

We did grow in number at our second gathering but that doesn't necessarily mean we have more committed people. Our goal is to have 100 people who are committed to the church by January. I'd say we have about 40 right now. That hard part is getting people to come back the next month instead of the next week. For some, I think the anticipation of returning disappears after the first week and then it's almost as if we have to re-convince them to come back. At least that's how I feel, it may not be the case at all.

With all that aside (just stupid emotions), I'm still super stoked for January. We had a leadership meeting last night to talk about our God @ the Box Office series last night. We are going to be branding each of our gathering series (graphics, videos, takeaways, etc) and so we looked at how we can do this best. The one thing we realised is that it's hard to brand a series based off of movies when you are in a theater, which obviously already lends itself to branding movies. In essence we would have to rebrand which seems rediculous. So we decided against stupidity and chose to utilize the theatre to our advantage (which makes perfectly logical sense as I type this) Instead of removing things that distract(which is really hard to do when they are everywhere) like Basic Instinct 2 posters, we are going to try and utilize this stuff to our advantage. It should be a fun series. There may even be some costumes involved. Not too sure about this one yet, still praying about it:) I'm not sure too many people want to see Dan dressed up in a spandex superman suit!

On a different note, I can't wait to move into Mission. I'm out here monday-thursday to work out and to do as much as I can in one of the coffee shops (right now I'm in City Blends). I just love it here but hate driving here everyday. The gas bill is a complete gong show. Bek and I just keep fantasizing about what it's going to be like. We're already planning our first Christmas Party. The reason this is so revolutionary for us is that we've lived in places where having company over was really difficult. Either too small or really oddly shaped (where we live now). This new place is huge (at least we think so) and will enable us to have friends over without requiring them to sit on each others' laps just to fit in our living room/hallway.

So there we have it. The theme seems to be waiting in anticipation for something to come in the near future that will change my life in one way or another.

Creating anticipation was our goal with having gatherings monthly instead of weekly at first. I don't feel this way now, but I guess that day it felt so far away until our next gathering that it felt like we had to convince people (when in actuality we haven't had to do this once). I guess when you're at the helm of the ship the anticipation can get to you sometimes because you want to get things rolling...NOW!

Nonetheless, I am so excited for what's in store in the future. I love Mission in a way that is hard to describe except that it's a total God thing. I can't wait to see people connected to Jesus that would normally not even think twice about Him.

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.