« Home | The crazy ones » | The creative team » | The getaway » | An ark sounds good about now... » | Fun times » | What on earth?!?! » | The discipline of self-awareness » | Breath of fresh air » | My little "sponge" » | In pursuit of greatness » 

Monday, June 11, 2007 

Don't blink!

Seth posted this today...


"When you are sitting right on the edge of something daring and scary and creative and powerful and perhaps wonderful... and you blink and take a step back.

That's the moment. The moment between you and remarkable. Most people blink. Most people get stuck.

All the hard work and preparation and daring and luck is nothing compared with the ability to not blink."


I feel this way with TXC. I feel like we have made so much progress as of now. We are seeing things happen that only God can get the credit for. New people are testing the waters of our faith community each week. More and more people are getting connected into UnderCurrents and contributing their gifts in the different areas that are a part of what TXC is.

However, the temptation to blink and have a reality check looms in the background. The temptation to take a step back and ask "What on earth am I doing?!" Sometimes over thinking things can be one of my greatest enemies. I'm not advocating turning my brain off but sometimes God just isn't logical. He asks us to do things that don't make sense in our brains and if we try and analyze it and sort it out so it makes sense, we just end up giving up. We blink. I don't want to blink. I feel like we are on the edge of something great and the last thing we will do is blink.

Maybe God is calling you to something great too...whatever it may be. Maybe you are wondering if it's even from God at all. My encouragement to you is to not blink. Be obedient. Walk into the unknown. Ya, it scares the snot out of me too at the best of times. But there really is no better feeling than knowing that you are doing what God wants you to do, even if it doesn't make a lick of sense. Just take a step. You never know where it will lead to!

Great post Dan, very encouraging!!
Jilly

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.