« Home | The discipline of self-awareness » | Breath of fresh air » | My little "sponge" » | In pursuit of greatness » | I'm sorry » | Should I be "getting" them? » | It's time to grow... » | Refinement » | My hidden "agenda" » | rockstar no more » 

Monday, June 04, 2007 

What on earth?!?!

We just planted our church in January and we are seeing some great progress. People are getting connected to Jesus, we're seeing more people volunteer every week (approx. 30% right now) and things seem to be clicking right along. We're getting amped up for summer and the possibilities that it brings. But there's this one thing that is looming in the background...a flood.

Yes, that's right...a flood. I'm sure this has happened to other church plants somewhere in the world, but I'm sure it happens very seldom! Usually there are tons of other hurdles to overcome and trust me, we've probably got everyone of them right now. But a flood?!

On my way into Abbotsford for our lead team meeting the traffic was absolutely jammed and it hit me that this was getting very real (not that the traffic had anything to do with the flood). And then at our meeting I found out that if it's going to flood, it will more than likely happen by Monday. So we've got some isues!

If it does flood by monday, we probably won't be gathering because our theatre is possibly below the flood line. This means that if it does flood, we're gonna have to clear out all of our stuff that we have stored in there (approx. 35-40k worth of stuff). The reality is that there is nothing we can do about this. We just have to make the most of it and the reality is that it could be the best the thing that we could face. Sounds lame, I know, but it's possible.

If this becomes a reality we are going to keep moving forward. Because half our church is attended by people people from Mission and the other half from Abby, we will become 1 church in two locations. I know we talked about being multi-site within the next 5 years, but it may happen within the next 5 days!

Regardless of what happens, be praying for the future of our faith community. It's been the ride of my life up until now and there's no sign of it stopping any time soon!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.