« Home | Fun times » | What on earth?!?! » | The discipline of self-awareness » | Breath of fresh air » | My little "sponge" » | In pursuit of greatness » | I'm sorry » | Should I be "getting" them? » | It's time to grow... » | Refinement » 

Thursday, June 07, 2007 

An ark sounds good about now...

The water is rising...but they keep saying that it's not going to flood. The water is supposedly supposed to basically reach the top of the dykes and stop rising...not too sure how I feel about trusting that prediction.

Here's my dilemma: Bek is going to Calgary on Monday for a few days..if it hasn't flooded by then. What we don't want to happen is for the river to flood while she's away in Calgary and be stuck on the other side. So there's a possibility that I may be staying with my parents with the kids if this sucker doesn't go down by Monday.

The risk with this is that I may also get stuck on the other side of the river if it floods while I'm over there. So, at this point, we're just playing it by ear. It rose 2.5 feet yestderday alone so it's getting nuts.

This could be one of the most interesting tests that our church will have to go through in it's infant life. I really have no idea how to pray about this. I don't want the flood to happen for obvious reasons and yet at the same time it's hard to pray that it won't happen...maybe lack of faith. Maybe just wanting God to be in control.

What's hard for me to see is the future. I can't see what the fallout would be if the river did flood. Could it be turned into something good? Could our faith community become even more influential because of it?

Tons of questions, very few answers at this point. The only option is to keep trusting that God knows what he's doing and wading forward

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.