« Home | R & R » | I'm back! » | Gone camping » | Don't forget to run! » | ...just words » | My thoughts exactly » | The Bibles comes to life! » | Seeing double » | Success! » | Syncronization » 

Saturday, July 07, 2007 

A glimpse of the future

I just got back from "Transformers" and it was an awesome movie! But this isn't a post about the movie, this is a post about how many people there were in Theatre #2. Right now we are in Theatre #1 and it seats about 225-250. It's a good size for us at this point. We don't fill it but with the use of barriers and having people sit together there is a good vibe with the people that come.

Last week, Donovan and I went into #2 and just dreamt about what it would look like. For some reason it feels absolutely huge...almost like an impossibility. And then tonight happened.

The place was packed to the rafters. If you showed up any later than 30mins early, you would be hard pressed to find a seat. The energy was crazy. Any funny parts and the whole place erupted. I went out to go to the washroom and when I came back in I just stood there and looked up at all the people and felt like "This will be us...2x over on Sunday mornings"

And that is a crazy thought. To be honest is scared me a bit and at the same time. It just seems so impossible. How in the world would that ever happen in a city the size of Mission? It's definitely not going to happen because of how cool we are or the show that we put on because there just really isn't any of that. It's gotta be God. We've stated from the beginning that the only hope we have of seeing TXC go anywhere is if God steps in and makes His dream a reality. We're doing our best to listen to what he is telling us and be obedient but in the grand scheme of things, what we do won't get us anywhere. We need the supernatural. We are so freakin' small and incapable left to our own devices. Someone once told me this cheesy but true saying that says "God isn't interested in your abilities; He's interested in your availability." A lot of days all I've got is availability and I'm trying my best to offer that each and every day.

There's a part in Transformers where Sam and Mikaela just realized that his car was an autobot and she is hesitant to get in, now that she knows what it is. Sam looks at her and says"In 50 years when you are looking back on your life do you want to have to say that you wished you would have gotten into the car?" With that, she starts walking towards the car.

All I know is that I'm getting in the car. It scares the snot out of me at the best of times. Looking at 350 empty seats is one thing; looking at 350 full seats is another. How do we see 350+ movie goers become followers of Jesus? We're on the road to figuring that out!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.