« Home | Finding the healthy tension » | Sometimes I just don't get God » | Kitchen nightmares » | First time guests » | The JCC » | On tap or bottled? » | Get ready » | A few screws loose » | I still remember » | A glimpse of the future » 

Thursday, August 02, 2007 

Feed me!

Read this post this morning and I couldn't agree more! However, the awesome thing about this is that I haven't had to deal with this at all.

What I'm not saying is that I'm the most amazing speaker and have incredible insight into God's word and the ability to convey it in a way that will keep the people in TXC "fed" for a whole week until the next time we meet.

What I am saying is that our experience so far has been that the people of TXC have been feeding themselves. They haven't been relying on me to be their primary source of "getting fed". Their commitment to pursuing community outside of Sundays has been awesome to see and it's so vital if we are to be any more than a Sunday morning church. They've been meeting together to pray for each other and others our church. They are studying the Bible on their own time, "feeding themselves". That is just the tip of the iceberg but I'm stoked!

TXC...I couldn't imagine being able to pastor a more passionate group of people that have one goal...reconnecting people to Jesus. There is an expectation and anticipation inside so many of you and I want to encourage you to continue to pursue Jesus in your everyday lives. Don't let a few words on Sunday be "the meat" of your spiritual life. Continue doing what you have been doing up until now and see what God is going to do in your life

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.