« Home | A few screws loose » | I still remember » | A glimpse of the future » | R & R » | I'm back! » | Gone camping » | Don't forget to run! » | ...just words » | My thoughts exactly » | The Bibles comes to life! » 

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 

Get ready

Around 3 years ago, I kept getting this strong impression that I believe was God telling me "Get Ready! Something huge is about to happen!" And this wasn't just a one time thing...it was constant.

At the time I was a youth pastor and I thought it had to do with the youth ministry I was leading. So I kept telling the youth to get ready. Then I took on the young adults at the same time and thought that it had to do with the young adults. And then came the dream for TXC...

I really had forgotten all about that...until last night.

We were talking about the positive things from Sunday and two things jumped out at us and Dave reminded me about what I felt 3 years ago.

Donovan's mom came to our gathering for the first time on Sunday. Afterwards she told Donovan that she couldn't put her finger on it but that she just had this strong feeling the whole time that there was something going on underneath the surface that we couldn't see. It was like a pot of water that was just at the point of boiling over. She said she could feel the growth (even though, to the naked eye, it's obvious that we aren't huge in numbers)

Then the conversation with "Joe" when he was encouraging us to keep our authenticity when we grow...then he added "And you WILL grow"

Then I flashed back to a conversation I had with a guy that came for the first time around 2 months ago. He said the same thing...that he can sense that this is about to take off.

This gets me nervous, excited, freaked out, amped up and everything else in between to think about what I heard God say 3 years ago and then to see all of these "coincidences" starting to line up.

I honestly don't know what to expect. Last night was one of the most crazy lead team meetings that we've had in a while as we started to talk and prepare for something that is essentially unknown. All we know is that TXC is God dream and we feel at a very intense level that He is going to do something that we can't even imagine.

So my encouragement to you and I...

Get ready.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.