« Home | Kitchen nightmares » | First time guests » | The JCC » | On tap or bottled? » | Get ready » | A few screws loose » | I still remember » | A glimpse of the future » | R & R » | I'm back! » 

Saturday, July 28, 2007 

Sometimes I just don't get God

One of the hardest things with being a pastor is not having all the answers for people when they are hurting and confused.

About 5 years ago, there was a youth pastor that I knew of that had been married for a few years. They were a happy couple and seemed to be picture perfect. They were driving up to Kamloops when they hit some black ice, the truck went out of control and flipped over quite a few times on the highway. She ended up dying in his arms. What do you say to that? He ended up getting remarried last year and seems to be happy again but the memory and pain has to still be there. Imagine the questions, the anger, the hurt, the hopelessness. Where was God?

On monday, a 2 year old baby died by choking to death on a rubber ball. What do you say to that? My little girl is 2. I would freak out! That little girl that is now with Jesus had an auntie that she never knew.

About 5 years ago, her auntie died in the arms of her husband on a trip up to Kamloops.

This little girl's mommy (if you haven't pieced it together - the sister of the girl who died 5 years ago in the arms of her husband) is now left with no answers. "Where are you God? Why me? Do you hate me? 5 years ago she lost her sister in a freak accident. 5 days ago, she lost her 2 year old daughter in a freak accident.

I don't have all the answers. I know God is there but there is nothing I can say to change the gut wrenching cry of someone who wants answers. I never had to be there for this woman. But if I had to, all I would be able to do was listen and cry with her.

Sometimes, God is found when we learn to close our mouths, listen and walk through the valley with the broken.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.