« Home | It's getting around » | Contruction Crews » | Good times » | Beauty Rest » | Nervous? » | Who is the church for? » | Customer service » | Am I sure? » | Why men hate going to church » | Road Blocks » 

Friday, June 16, 2006 

The battleground

Well it's been a few days since I posted last...I just came through a few day of what I'm calling spiritual warfare. I'm not sure of the specifics of all of the spiritual realm except that I know that it's real. I know there is a battle for my mind, body and soul. I know that the Devil hates me. I don't know how strategic the plans of the enemy are or how direct attacks on me are. All I know is that I know that I was in it. I guess it's going on all the time but these last few days were really heightened. The last time I felt like this was two days before the dream for this church plant was birthed in my heart. There was no explanation for this whatsoever. The last time it happened I was talking about worship at youth (Wed/Thurs). This time it was my last two nights as the youth pastor. I'm not sure if there is any correlation there but it's an observation I've made.

So I've spent the last few days resisting temptation, speaking truth into my life and resisting lies. It's been pretty crazy. This time was different than the last because last time I had no idea what was coming up. Little did I know about the church plant dream that was a day away. This time I knew why I was being attacked. This church plant is meant to happen. I am so convinced of it...the more people I talk to the more that become excited and affirm that this is right. I know that God has called me to plant this church and no amount of lies will be able to detour this bus. We are headed into an adventure that is gonna rock us out of anything that we've ever know. Bring it on.

Praying for you kid!

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.