« Home | Wading into the CrossCurrent: Part 2 » | The death of me » | Canada has heart » | Sad but exciting » | I love our new city » | Wading into the CrossCurrent: Part 1 » | Much better » | Unbearable » | The battleground » | It's getting around » 

Thursday, June 22, 2006 

The ebb and flow of church planting

Man it's been a rollercoaster this last week with our launch team and the church. Unfortunately, we had a couple step down which I'm sure will turn out. It was a blow but I still felt pretty positive. I've been talking with other launch team members and they are experiencing spiritual warfare like mad as well. I think we've just made a new worst enemy.

And then yesterday, I heard some amazing news that our district is going to give us a grant of a substantial amount for our start up costs and then in January they will assess our need for monthly support! That was such good news to hear. So we are slowly creeping up on our goal of $75,000. Sounds like a crazy dream but I know someone out there (or multiple someone's) have the money and I'm trusting God that he will speak to them in some way or another so they will release it to us.

Even though church planting has it's challenges, I couldn't imagine doing anything else. It's the craziest thing because 4 months ago I was intending on staying at the church I'm currently employed at. But I guess God has a way of changing hearts and mine has changed drastically over the last 4 months. I'm amped that I get to be on this journey right now. I'm so glad that I've got people around me that are just as excited and committed as I am. God is going to do some incredible things through us in the coming months.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.