« Home | Wading into the CrossCurrent: Part 1 » | Much better » | Unbearable » | The battleground » | It's getting around » | Contruction Crews » | Good times » | Beauty Rest » | Nervous? » | Who is the church for? » 

Monday, June 19, 2006 

I love our new city

I don't live in Mission yet, but I love the place. And when I say love it's not just a word I throw around flippantly...I seriously am passionate about that city and that has GOT to be a God thing. I say that because I used to think of mission as a small town without a clue (this was before our dream to plant over there). But as the days keep moving on, my heart breaks more and more for the people there and I am so stoked to be able to partner with them in making mission the best place a person could ever choose to live. I'm looking forward to volunteering at the Mission Folk Music Festival and getting to know some people through that. The weekend after that we are doing a free BBQ on the Save On Foods patio in the Junction just as a way to bless people. We understand that we can't sell ourselves to people with our words...they have to see that we care - and actually care about them and not as projects to be completed but as people that matter.

I'm stoked! (The fact that Canada is in the Stanley cup game tonight could be a factor in that as well)

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.