« Home | I love our new city » | Wading into the CrossCurrent: Part 1 » | Much better » | Unbearable » | The battleground » | It's getting around » | Contruction Crews » | Good times » | Beauty Rest » | Nervous? » 

Monday, June 19, 2006 

Sad but exciting

We found out today that one of the couples that was initially on our launch team has decided that it isn't going to work out for them to be on it anymore. They first decided to be on the team when the had three kids. Shortly after that, they got pregnant with their fourth and the time and energy demands soon started to add up. They are really connected in with the community of Abbotsford and decided it would be best for them as a family to stay connected in Abbotsford.

I'm excited because they made a hard decision but put their family before the church. Too many times there are highly committed people to churches that spend more time at church than they do at home with their families. I'm not advocating boycotting church. I just think it's vital that families are the spiritual training grounds before the church is.

At the same time I'm sad because they are some of our really good friends. I asked them because they have incredible character. I knew that it would probably be hardest on them out of everyone but they are such awesome people I had to ask. I'm sad because now I have one less set of friends embarking on this journey with us (even though we will only live 10mins away - it's nice having people that you can trust working closely beside you)

I know that God has some incredible things in store for them. I know that God has some incredible things in store for us. Even though things don't seem to make sense sometimes, I can see that God has had his hand on this church up to this point and he will continue in the future.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.