« Home | Taking time for granted » | Wishing money grew on trees » | Regret » | Little trooper » | Long night » | Fat Pastor Syndrome » | Back in the saddle » | No Home » | Daddy Rage » | Refreshed » 

Friday, July 21, 2006 

It's Official

We're moving. We felt from the beginning that if we were going to plant a church somewhere that we needed to live there. A huge part of being missional is loving your city. If you don't live there I'm not too sure how you can love it. We have tried every avenue available to us searching for a way that we could buy a house. No can do. It's just not possible right now and so we have to live with that reality for the next little while. God's had our back up till now so I don't doubt that when the right time comes, so will our house. For now...we rent.

We looked at one place and you'd have to pay me to live there. We scoured the newspapers for places but nothing jumped out at us. Then I remembered that a couple in our current church put their basement suite up for rent about a month ago, which I totally forgot about. So we called up and sure enough it was still available. We had heard rumors that the place was huge so we were getting all amped up. Turned out that the rumors were true. It's not like the place is absolutely massive, but for a basement suite it's pretty big. It's nice and open with 3 bedrooms and it's only 5 years old. The kicker is the backyard. It's two-tiered with a trampolene and a firepit. It's got huge cement patio so now I can go and get a patio set without the fear of it getting ripped off from the drugies.

It's kind of a wierd concept that we're moving out of Abbotsford. It kind of feels like the whole thing is getting finalized and the adventure is beginning. August 15th and we'll be in our new pad. I can honestly say that I am totally stoked to move to Mission. God has done some serious heart stuff in me over the last 6 months to the point of me not being able to wait to get out of Abbotsford. Let the endless packing of junk begin!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.