« Home | Back in the saddle » | No Home » | Daddy Rage » | Refreshed » | Oh yeah » | Bitter Sweet » | Web construction » | The ebb and flow of church planting » | Wading into the CrossCurrent: Part 2 » | The death of me » 

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 

Fat Pastor Syndrome

I've heard that church planters have a tendency to get fat. All the stress and eating out with people begins to add up and before you know it, they are roley poley. That ain't gonna be me. Since I was 15 I've dreamt of getting a six pack of abs. ya...that didn't happen. 12 years later...nothin'. And I doubt I'll ever get there. Bek doesn't like what I look like when I'm super skinny. (Yes I know it's hard to believe, but I used to weigh 165lbs 3 years ago) But, I'm determined to not let myself get out of control.


That's why I got a gym membership at inform fitness a couple weeks ago. Last week I went 4 days and boy did I pay for that. I felt like someone ran over me with a steam roller. I was lifting like 15lb weights with all these big guys around me...it was good times.


Look out Arnie...here I come.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.