« Home | Oh yeah » | Bitter Sweet » | Web construction » | The ebb and flow of church planting » | Wading into the CrossCurrent: Part 2 » | The death of me » | Canada has heart » | Sad but exciting » | I love our new city » | Wading into the CrossCurrent: Part 1 » 

Saturday, July 01, 2006 

Refreshed

Just got back from camping yesterday...It was super relaxing. Suprisingly I didn't think about church once...it was a nice change from the normal bombardment of dreams that I have for this new church. Sure enough, my brain has started back up again. This summer will be nice though because I have holidays at the end of July and the end of August so I'll be able to shut down for a few days before this church gets off the ground.

It was fun just hanging out with my family. Watching my son run around playing with sticks and bugs, drinking citronella oil (a whole different post) and eating bugs was crazy to say the least. This time out was really good for me to just slow down and see life from his view. We played at the park, swam in the lake and threw rocks in the river. It made me see that sometimes I live my life far to fast and can tend to ignore him. I found myself wishing that we could stay in this stage for a little while longer so that I could give him every second I've got and watch him grow up instead of having him grow up right in front of me without me even seeing it. I'm gonna do my best to slow down and just enjoy life.

It was nice doing something spontaneous for a change. It ended up being a really expensive spontaneous decision seeing we bought a new, super huge 10 man tent, a new screen house and an extra night of camping on top of our original two nights. Tack on the food and icecream in there and you've got yourself some debt to work off. Despite all that, it was worth every penny. Did I mention I love my wife and kids and wouldn't trade them for the world (especially my hot wife)?

We are off to the Canada Day celebrations in Mission today. We want to be in the community as much as possible. We want to be a church that is helping to make the community the best place anyone could ever want to live.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.