« Home | Wishing money grew on trees » | Regret » | Little trooper » | Long night » | Fat Pastor Syndrome » | Back in the saddle » | No Home » | Daddy Rage » | Refreshed » | Oh yeah » 

Saturday, July 15, 2006 

Taking time for granted

The last few days have been somewhat of a wake up call for me. With Riley going into the hospital and then us looking for a way to buy a house I realized how fast time flies. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the meaningless details of life that your kids grow up right in front of you without you even noticing. I came to the decision yesterday of what will make me successful in life. I could have the most successful church around but if my wife and kids can't brag about how much I love them I've failed. It's kinda harsh but I think everything else needs to be secondary to my primary role as husband and father. I think when I die if I've put the church before my family I won't have done what God has called me to do first and foremost and I wouldn't even want to know what He would say to me. So it means that I've got to guard my days off. It means that I've got to be intentional with the time I spend with my family. It means I have to invest in them and not just "be there" for them. It means that my character needs to line up with my actions.

It's not gonna be easy but in 25 years it will be worth every second, church or no church.

Right on, Dan!!! They grow very fast!!

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.