« Home | Little trooper » | Long night » | Fat Pastor Syndrome » | Back in the saddle » | No Home » | Daddy Rage » | Refreshed » | Oh yeah » | Bitter Sweet » | Web construction » 

Thursday, July 13, 2006 

Regret

I caught the tail end of "Hell's Kitchen" on Monday night and the chef that got kicked off said something that got me thinking a bit. Apparently he had quit his last job and put his life on the line and after getting kicked off said "You know what really sucks. Now I gotta find a job" For some reason I got what he was saying. With planting this church I feel like I'm putting my whole life on the line. I can't see myself returning to an established church. I feel like God has changed something inside of me in huge way and all I can see is planting this church. The thought sometimes comes up "What if this doesn't work...then what? Do I become an employee of SilverCity?"

I had a really good conversation with Rick Ball from CLCC on Tuesday. We were just talking about church and i was sharing some of my fears and excitement of planting a new church. Some days the fear of failure is so huge that I start second guessing why I'm doing this. The funny thing is that our first talk in the Sneak Peek gathering series is on the fear of failure. It's crazy how the "what if" prison guard stands there and taunts you, making you think that it could be a bad idea for you to attemp this new feat. Every morning I have to wake up and kick him where it counts and move on. I know without a doubt that I am supposed to do this. I know that there are gonna be people who think I am "intruding" on already claimed territory. I know it's not going to be easy, but I HAVE to.

Rick said something that stuck with me. "If you don't try, you'll probably live with the regret of not trying for the rest of your life. If you try and fail, at least you can say you tried. Chances are you, you won't fail. What have you got to lose?" Exactly...what do I have to lose? Maybe some pride. Maybe a job. But I HAVE to try. I KNOW I'd never be able to live with the fact that I quit before I even started because I was afraid of failure. I think it's time that prison guard got a beat down.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.