« Home | Long week » | Going solo » | Potentially homeless » | ahhh... » | Checked out a theatre church this morning » | Ever seen » | Waiting for the right opportunity » | It's Official » | Taking time for granted » | Wishing money grew on trees » 

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 

Flurries

Man I've been getting nailed with a flurry of different things that have bogged my mind down for the last few days. As our first Sneek Peak Gathering creeps up on us my brain won't shut off. I just don't want to forget anything so I just keep thinking about everything!

I've been working on one point messages and memorizing them and I'm stoked..basically because it works. I've thought for the longest time that I tried to ram way too much into my sermons. When I listen to other people speak I rarely remember what the first point of the sermon was but I will often remember the last point. Go Figure. When a sermon has one central theme and one main point, he only thing to remember is the only thing that has been highlighted the whole talk. I can't take credit for this though. I just read Andy Stanley's newest book "Communicating For A Change" and it is phenomenal.

Not only is the one point method going to revolutionize my preaching but the fact that he gives an amazing method of memorizing your whole talk totally rocked my world. And the fact of the matter is that it works. The other day I rehashed my whole talk to my friend without a hitch. I didn't relay it word for word but that's okay because the goal is just to lead people to your one point, not to dispense a whole lot of information. Anyways, I'm excited.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.