« Home | Just jump » | Moving » | Breaking the mold » | Back up » | My hands are tied » | My best 3 decisions so far » | Why Church? » | The war has begun » | Nothing to say » | Dan's Rants » 

Saturday, November 25, 2006 

B.C. drivers and snow...bad combo

My stinkin' goodness! It snowed here today...around 5cm and it's like there's been an ice storm or something. People are in the ditch all over the place! I'm not sure if it's because people get a little cocky and try to drive like it's 25C outside or whether it's because they are just complete morons and don't give themselves enough room. Whatever it is, people need to relax a bit. It is very different snow than out east in that it's wet and slippery instead of dry and flaky, but still, c'mon!

Despite the crazy drivers, I love the snow! We went out to the house we're moving into on Friday and because of it's elevation there is tons of snow out there. It sits on a 5 acre lot on top of this huge hill. The driveway is between 600-900 feet long and is at about a 45 degree angle. We got to the bottom of the hill and sat there debating if we should drive up or not. ( I didn't want to be known as a stalker, seeing we don't live there quite yet). After a few shots back and forth Bek convinced me to drive up (the first time since we saw it the first time a month and a half ago- you can't see it from the road). As soon as we got to the top and saw the beauty, Bek started freaking out telling me to turn around and go down. I guess she was a little freaked that the landlord would see us. Anyways, snow everywhere!

We can't wait to get out of our place right now. It's served us very well for the last 3 and a half years but it's time. My heart has been in Mission for the last 8 months and now we are finally going out there. Time to get fully immersed into our new life and community!

hey dano, im not sure when your movin, so i hope this is not too late...but if you need any help moving, at all. Im your man dan. just let me know.

I think I moved to the Arctic. It is -20 (-25 to -30 with the wind), 50km wind, and snowing. It's cold! On the up side, people drive like there's snow or something. Makes me feel better.

Jaret

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.