« Home | Tithing re:wired » | Sweet relief » | What goes around... » | Is it possible to fill a niche that is already fil... » | The power of generosity » | We got rid of our gas! » | I'm gonna freak out! » | Adventures in church planting » | It's a go! » | Just the beginning » 

Sunday, December 31, 2006 

T-minus 14 days

Wow...this just hit me. It's becoming more of a reality every day that we are launching TXC every week in 14 days. In two weeks time we will have just had our "grand opening" and begin an amazing journey as a fresh church in Mission. I can't wait and at the same time, if I think about it too much the anxiety can really get to me. I've never been a lead pastor before. I've never had to champion anything bigger than a program so in my human side of things I'm a little nervous. BUT...

2 things I'm confident in: the people on our leadership team and God. I am so thankful for both. The people shaping our leadership team right now are absolutely phenomenal. Dave, Charlene and Tina are the types of people that go over the top to get their job done. In fact it's not a job, it's passion and because of that I'm confident that God has brought us together of this time.

But even with all of our gifts and talents and abilities we can't pull this off without God. we are trying to reach people who are disconnected from Jesus and we'll go to great lengths to reach them (even at the expense of ticking of the religious community) but even with all of our efforts it's God who draws and changes people. We may be able to spark some interest through advertising or by the people in our faith community talking about how much they like their church but that in and of itself is not enough. It's takes the Holy Spirit to draw people. Once they are a part of our community they can enjoy what's going on but what we do won't change people. Only God does that. And for that I'm grateful. We will do whatever we can and everything that is in our power to connect with people but when it comes to changing people that's God's business and that makes it easy to sleep at night.

I am stoked for you. Have a happy new year.

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.