« Home | messy spirituality...is it allowed? » | Worship hack » | The sweet spot » | Sunday Re:Wind<<< » | Choosing to lose? » | Taking a Sabbatical... » | Sunday Re:Wind<<< » | Sunday Re:Wind<<< » | Road block » | mind dump » 

Thursday, April 19, 2007 

Unfocused Randomness

Warning: Extremely incoherent post ahead! Read at your own risk!


  • Donovan's preaching for the first time this weekend. I'm stoked! He told me a bit about what he's gonna say and it's gonna challenge us in a huge way. It's also the start of a new series
  • I'm getting the preaching itch! It has almost been two full weeks that I haven't preached and I can't wait to get back. I didn't think I would missed it this much but I do. I think part of it has to do with the fact that it keeps me thinking about where we are headed. Maybe a better description would be that it "forces" me to keep thinking.
  • Dave got sick on Tuesday and spent the night puking! He says he's better now. His plane gets in at 3am on Sunday morning and we start setting up at 7am. He better show up or he's fired!:)
  • I've been finding it challenging to find the motivation to make sure I'm spiritually growing on my own. I read books like no one's business but lately when it comes to me reading my Bible, it's been a tough go. That doesn't make it okay. That's just me being honest and transparent. That's hard to admit when you're a pastor because there is this hidden expectation that the pastor should read his Bible 3 hours a day and be a master at knowing everything spiritual. I guess we have bad days (weeks,months) too.
  • I'm as excited today about the future of our church as I was just over a year ago when the whole thing was still just a concept!
  • I really want us to be more involved in the community more. There are so many needs and lots of times I feel a little bit like a deer caught in the headlights, not really knowing which way to go. I think we just need to start with something. Maybe one day in the near future, some of us can head on down to the union gospel mission and meet some of the folks there. It's so easy to talk about not being in the Christian ghetto and talk about being missionaries to our community, it's another thing to do it. I don't wanna be a church that is all talk.
  • I wonder if the potential flooding in the coming weeks is going to effect the theatre? It seems that it's in the prime location to be flooded out if it does happen.
  • Does anyone have any connections with the owners of the bingo hall/liquidation world mall? I want it! They just need to be willing to sell it for a couple hundred bucks!:)
  • It sure is going to be nice when we can pay multiple staff and we can all be on the same page throughout the week. Sometimes (like this Sunday) it feels like we've been in totally different worlds (which we have) and it can be a challenge to be going in the same direction. I think we are doing a great job but it will be nice to be able to meet during the week.
  • On that note, does anyone out there have some FREE office space they would like to let us use for a church office? Yes I know, I'm asking a lot. But hey, if I don't ask, who's going to?! And what's the worse that can happen, I can get laughed at? It won't be the first time!:)
  • I love the fact that we can break the mold of "how church is always done" and actually enjoy ourselves without getting all bent out of shape because "that's not how it's done" in church world. I love the fact that we have people that are a part of TXC that are willing to experiment with us in new ways of connecting the disconnected to Jesus. This is only the beginning of the journey...the best is yet to come!
  • I sure am blessed to have a roof over my head, food to eat and an amazingly beautiful wife that is also an amazing mom to our incredible kids and an awesome partner in ministry.

I think that about does it...random thoughts from a scattered mind

Once again, you´re a freak. See you Monday.

Seriously now...you're monday joke is getting old! You're giving me an ulcer! Easy to say when you're lying on the beach, sipping belini's all day...man...one day it'll be me!

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.