« Home | The irony... » | Don't sell me what it's not » | Are we up for the challenge? » | The future looks bright! » | Mother's Day » | Out of the Christian ghetto » | Wake up call » | Competing with the movies » | Checking In » | Over and out » 

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 

rockstar no more

When we launched TXC, one of our goals was to remove every barrier that would offend someone who wasn't connected to Jesus, with the exception of the gospel. The challenge is that the gospel will offend. Gospel simply means "good news" and yet it is such a huge challenge to the way someone is currently living their life. Like we've been talking about on Sundays, it's upside down in comparison to how we want to live our lives.

I think I had a test from God a few weeks ago to see if I would go as far as removing the message of Jesus as a barrier in order to have someone come to our church. I passed the test and didn't go that far...I won't go that far. I can't. But it still sucks. Because I see how it IS good news and yet Paul says that the gospel is foolishness to those who don't believe. It seems like complete lunacy to believe in a God that doesn't exist. I want so badly for people to be able to see God for who he really is and not who we think he is because of our tainted view of him due to our past experiences. The problem is that I can't make people do anything. I can't reveal who God is to anyone, only the Holy Spirit can do that.

I've realized in a new and fresh way today how desperately I need God to be active in our church. We have to experience and encounter Him. We all come from such drastically different backgrounds that I can't be the rockstar that saves the day...I just can't. I need more than anything for God to change my life and the lives of those who are seeking Him.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.