« Home | Checking In » | Over and out » | Who do I think I am? » | Bek got the job! » | Making sense » | Sunday Re:Wind<<< » | Easy friends » | Unfocused Randomness » | messy spirituality...is it allowed? » | Worship hack » 

Sunday, May 06, 2007 

Competing with the movies

Today was tough at the start as a lot of us were sick. And for any theater church in the world it was a challenge because the release of SpiderMan 3 has dominated the theaters and the doors open early. With that in mind, we had a challenge. Usually I talk forever and rack up the minutes on the clock, taking us well into our overtime buffer of getting out of the theater. But this week the time frame was set for - 1 hour, no grace.

We thought it would be a stretch but in the end it was great. I actually liked having a time limit placed on me, that way I have to figure out how to say what I'm planning on saying very concisely and too the point. I even found that I had more time than I really needed (even though I occupied that time with more words :D)

It was really encouraging to see the amount of people that were helping at the end and the others that were willing to help. That seriously makes all the difference in the world because there are about 5 people that set up and take down (myself included) and it does get draining after a while.

This week we start a new series called "The Domino Effect" and it has the potential to be the most challenging series we've done yet. We are going to talk about some things that are potential hot buttons for some people but they are things we need to address and turn around if we are going to be able to start seeing our mission accomplished in this area.

As well, we have some props that need to be put together this Sunday morning. I will make them if I have to but to be perfectly honest...these things are going to be so crooked it won't be funny if I'm responsible. Simply put, we need someone that can come and pin pre-cut circles onto a 4x8 sheet of foam in the pattern of a domino! Simple! Yet we need someone to do it while the band is warming up this Sunday coming up. If you think you could pull this off for one week, please let me know ASAP.

In the meantime, our lead team is going to be meeting tomorrow night and one of the things we will talk about is what we are going to do about the time challenge on Sunday's. It's possible that we may bump the time back a few minutes to give Upstream Kids a little more grace...or not. We'll keep you posted.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.