« Home | How do we know we've won? » | Just got word » | We'll see what happens » | golfing for converts » | Dreams » | Gifts? » | New website is up » | Waiting for the results » | Opting in » | We made it through » 

Thursday, May 18, 2006 

assessment breakdown

Well I'm not gonna go into all the details but we got the breakdown of our assessment today. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results. It was good to have verification of my strengths and also having my weaknesses exposed as well. I found it hard to defend myself because I had excuses but I don't think anyone is interested in those. Anyways, I'm so stoked for the months to come.

We went out to the theater yesterday to test for power and find out if it would be possible to have enough lighting for video cameras. I'm kind of adamant that we find a way to make this happen because I would like to go multisite as soon as possible. Before we do that, we will look into the possibility of linking theaters together and having a room for overflow, possibly even a full second gathering if we can pull it off.

As I stood at the front and just looked up into the seats (it's a different configuration with the stage being at the bottom and the seats teering their way up. It'll be different because the door is actually at the front of the theater, not the back, so there will be no sneaking in or out. We'll see how that works.) I felt like I was standing right where I was supposed to be. It just felt right and got super stoked thinking about when I get to start preaching regularily.

I think one of my favorite message series' is gonna be "beLIEve: 4 lies about Jesus you thought were true". I ripped off the beLIEve from my friend and then just came up with the lies. I think it will stir the pot but I'm excited to challenge people's preconceived notions of who they think Jesus is.

Congratulations on the assessment. I was so nervous through mine because, for my former denomination, it was to determine if I could or could not plant. The association I am with now assumes the church will evaluate the person's call to plant, and the assessment will look at the strengths and weakness and chart a growth process.

I think the "beLIEve" was originally from a Marolyn Manson t-shirt. It had a picture of Christ on the back with that above it.

Congratulations again.

Post a Comment
Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.