« Home | We made it through » | Tonight is the night » | I am blessed » | Launch Team Gathering » | Making the move...I think » | Everything is moving ahead! » | Done Deal » | One thing I know » | Getting antsy » | The first step » 

Monday, May 01, 2006 

Opting in

Some good news...since our intro to the launch team, we've had two couples say they are in. We've had a few others say that they don't have time to commit to the launch team right now but once the church starts they want to be involved. I had another guy come up to me at church on Sunday asking if he could be a part of TXC. Interestingly enough I wanted to talk to him but decided not to just so that I couldn't be accused "cleaning out APA", even though i've been given permission to ask whoever I want. Anyways, he came up to me so i'm stoked. He got saved through AA over a year ago and is passionate about Jesus. He doesn't have any church history which I love. He just knows that Jesus is the hope that people are looking for...those types of people are who I want to be in this church...our launch team meetings officially start this Sunday night...it's looking like we'll have 7-10 couples involved...I'm not sure if that's good or not, but it's what we've got. The people that will come to the church as of now is around 50-75...we'll see what we can get to by the launch date. Tina (Kids Pastor) shared a little bit about her vision and passion for kids which was really good. It put a lot of the potential "launchers" at ease knowing that she was going to be the one in charge. She's going to be planning out the first year in advance which I'm excited about. She's going to be writing her own curriculum which I'm also excited about. As long as Jesus is being preached and the kids are extremely excited about coming back and inviting their friends, I'm happy. Our website should be up and running within a few days www.livethemission.ca...so stay posted...and pass it on.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.