« Home | I made it back » | Checking out for the next few days » | UFC and the best wife ever » | The war between attractional and incarnational app... » | Awesome theater manager » | Crazy Advertising » | assessment breakdown » | How do we know we've won? » | Just got word » | We'll see what happens » 

Saturday, May 27, 2006 

Better now

Call me a freak or a bad pastor, but I watched UFC 60 tonight and it was worth every stinkin penny! To top it off, like I said before, my wife watched it and was as fired up about it as I was. I said I was pulling for Matt Hughes and to my delight, he dominated the 39 year old legend Royce Gracie by knocking his brains loose. It's one thing to be confident when you are the welter weight champion. It's another to be cocky when you are a has been. I know this guy was dominant back in his day (13 years ago), but he only fought 11 fights while Matt has fought 44. Anyways, I know I'm a psycho for watching this sport (yes it is a sport), but I feel much better now and am anticipating the July 8 fight between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock. Once again, the champion against a has been with one too many breaks in his nose!

You know what I find kinda funny about this event, was how many Christians are in UFC. One guy walked into the ring to "Agnus Dei" with a t-shirt that said "Property of Jesus". Kinda cheesy if you ask me but interesting that they are actually Christians. There were two that were for sure Christians and another guy that prayed and thanked God. They all thanked God for the strength to fight (read: knock other guys' brains loose) which I found kind of comical for some reason.

I was intending on going back to the gym this July and seeing myself get all wound up over this fight I think I should consider going back a little earlier. I've got too much pent up energy and with planting a church I think I need a healthy release valve (before I start walking around like some UFC fighter named "Dan 'the wannabe' Richardson". It's just a little embarrassing seeing these huge guys that probably bench 200lbs like it's nothing and then going to the gym and barely being able to lift 25lbs and trying to look like I know what I'm doing. Oh well, it'll be better than being a fat pastor!

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.