« Home | assessment breakdown » | How do we know we've won? » | Just got word » | We'll see what happens » | golfing for converts » | Dreams » | Gifts? » | New website is up » | Waiting for the results » | Opting in » 

Friday, May 19, 2006 

Crazy Advertising

So I pull up to a gas station last night to pick up a slurpee and I see this lincoln navigator. If the wheels weren't sweet enough, I peered into the back window and lo and behold, I see 6 LCD screens (1 in each headrest, 1 on the dash and 1 one the console between the front seats) playing a Nelly video that is screeming through this dude's massive sound system. I ended up hanging up on my wife because he came out and we started talking. I told him I was a pastor and was planting a church in SilverCity Mission and was interested in creative forms of advertising. He went on to tell me that he was going to be putting two 27" t.v.'s in the back windows facing the outside traffic where he will hook up another DVD player that will have a presentation promoing his electronics company.

I decided to swallow my pride and asked him if he would ever consider letting me pay him to let us advertise in his truck. He wasn't too keen on the whole "religious thing" and I informed him we weren't a typical church, which he had already gathered from hearing it was in a crazy theater. We talked a bit about God and church and his kids and in the end, he gave me his card and we're gonna go out for coffee sometime next week.

Whether he lets us advertise or not, it was a cool connection that I didn't expect to happen. It's funny how when you are paying attention and open your eyes that you can run into the coolest people without even trying.

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.