« Home | Back to normal » | Flurries » | Long week » | Going solo » | Potentially homeless » | ahhh... » | Checked out a theatre church this morning » | Ever seen » | Waiting for the right opportunity » | It's Official » 

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 

My wife rocks

The beautiful thing about my wife is that she has the same amount of faith, if not more, that I do. Whenever I start to lose it and freak out about things I have no control over (like how on earth we are going to pay for the start up costs of this church and whether or not I should get a "real" job) she reminds me who is in complete control. Even though I should know these things, it's easy for me to forget because I think I like to feed my need for control by worrying (messed up hey?)

The one thing that was a deal breaker in planting this church was whether or not Bek was on 100%. If she wasn't, there was no way on earth I was gonna do it because I've seen it and heard about it in other places where a dude's wife was completely opposed but he did it anyways. Never have I heard of something like that ending well. Usually disaster is lurking in the distance. I'm so thankful that Bek has a passion for Mission that matches mine. She is going to be an incredible lead pastor's wife. Not because she has a crazy amount of skills (which she does), but because she is an incredible women of character and faith. She is the type of woman that other women, young and old, can look at and pattern their lives after her. Trust me...if they did...they would be wise. I'm definitely a blessed man

Where life is meant to be lived TXC online
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from my_txc. Make your own badge here.